Images play a critical role in website ranking, and the easiest thing to do is Image SEO.
Here are three steps to optimize your Image for SEO:
1. Add targeted keywords in the Alt and Title of the Image because the entire SEO is performed based on Keyword Research.
Figure out which keyword you want to target on each page, then use that in your image alt and title tag.
Example of an Alt and Title Format: <img alt=”Maruti Swift Front Left Side Image” title=” Maruti Swift Front Left Side Image” src=” URL”>
Make sure to give Alt and Title to all images on the website.
2. Give SEO Friendly Image Path (Image Path/URL).
Usually, your image name becomes your image URL. Moreover, the URL should always include keywords.
Avoid using image one or some random name for your images. Always rename images utilizing the following structure:
1. Use keywords in the image name.
2. Use (hyphen -) to separate two words.
3. Avoid adding spaces in the Image name.
4. Avoid using numbers in your image unless it’s a part of your target keyword.
5. Try and keep the image Name, Title and Alt similar.
6. Avoid using underscore in the image name.
Follow this strategy while naming images; in this way, your image URL will also be SEO Friendly.
3. Create and Upload Image Sitemap:
To generate an Image sitemap, use sitemap generator tools and submit it to Google. It’s essential to update it once every week.
4. Upload Mobile Friendly and High-resolution images for Mobile devices.
5. Avoid using Duplicate Alt, Title and Name for any image on the same page. Keep it particular for each image.